Recap of Thanksgiving dinner prep:
- My friend decides to rotisserie her turkey.
- Turkey will not balance on the grill skewer.
- We YouTube cooking rotisserie turkey and obviously cooking twine is necessary.
- We have no cooking twine.
- Turkey parts flapping everywhere. Very appropriate.
- Greg hammers in aluminum nails to hold everything together. Apparently, a MacGyver in the making.
- Then husband of friend decides that the entire turkey should be covered in aluminum foil while it cooks.
- EMERGENCY call made to Turkey hotline. Did you know that existed?
- It was confirmed that we should absolutely NOT cover turkey with foil while cooking on rotisserie.
- Greg & husband leave for mountain bike ride. MB jumps in shower.
- Grill propane runs out. How long ago? Nobody knows……
- Friend runs out leaving me with wild & unpredictable small children loose in house while I’m still in shower.
- Friend can’t find anyone to refill tank so buys entirely new tank for $60.
- Dinner to be served at 12:00 served at 1:30 but very delish.