- Greg’s ice axe malfunctioned 10 feet off the ground
- Water poured all over us while we were climbing
- Bad belay stance with ice pelting belayer
- Carabiners froze shut so belayer stuck ½ way up climb
- Scramble down avalanche slopes in the dark
Probably one of our favorite ice routes ever was Kerkeslin Falls. Such a beautiful setting on a perfect day (25 F). The climb consisted of 3 pitches of flat out awesome funness.
Our propane hose split and temperatures plummeted to -25 F. While we waited for a replacement part, we spent a few nights in a hotel room over Christmas (thanks, Mom). Obviously, the pets thought the room was for them.
We ended our Christmas holidays by seeing the Hobbit and in 3D no less!
December 2012- Album